Who we are
Last updated/revised: November 2020
Our website address is: http://www.carpanimachine.com.
Carpani Machine Inc. (“Carpani Machine Inc,” “we,” or “us”) is a leading provider of metal fabrication, metal stamping, pressing, shearing, welding, and other metal forming services. We understand that the people who visit our website care about the privacy of their personal information, and we take this concern very seriously.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Like most websites, we use the various technologies to automatically collect the following types of information about you:
- IP Address or Device Identifier. When you visit our websites, we collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which identifies the computer or service provider that you use to access our website or, if you connect through a mobile device, your mobile device identifier. We may use these identifiers to collect information about the length of time spent on our website or the specific areas visited.
- Web beacons and other technologies. Our website may use other tracking tools, including web beacons, which are small electronic images embedded in web content and email messages that are not ordinarily visible to users. Web beacons allow us to track pages and content accessed and viewed by users, as well as to monitor email readership. We use pixels to track visitors. You can opt out of pixels by adjusting your browser’s cookie settings or adjusting cookie consent options on our website to not accept marketing cookies.
The information collected through these technologies may be combined with personal information or aggregated with other information on website visits. We may share information about your use of our website with our advertising and analytics partners, who may combine it with other information that you previously provided to them.
How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To fulfill our obligations with your company and provide requested products and services, as well as related customer service and support;
- To communicate with your company regarding issues relating to products or services it has purchased, as well as other products or services and upcoming events that may be of interest;
- To provide you with information that you have requested and respond to communications we receive from you;
- To invite you to and register you for attendance at one of our events;
- To optimize your experience on our website and ensure that our content is presented to you in the most effective manner;
- To provide you with promotional or marketing communications (including by email, phone, and postal mail) and track your consent and preferences relating to the receipt of such communications;
- To notify you about changes to our website, including material changes to this Policy;
- To provide you with surveys and request customer feedback; and
- To perform other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise consent to.
- Please note that if you signed up to receive promotional emails from us, you may opt-out of receiving such communications by following the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.
- How we share or disclose your personal information
- When the information we collect is aggregated, anonymized, or otherwise does not identify you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- In addition, we may share information that we collect or that you provide in the following circumstances:
- With trusted service providers, contractors, and suppliers that we use to support our business under a contractual relationship to assist our business goals and operations. For example, we may share personal information with our customer relationship management platform, which enables our sales, service, and marketing efforts. We may also share personal information with our email service provider, who enables us to communicate with our customers and contacts.
- With third-party marketing providers in order to assist us with creation of advertising content, development of marketing strategies, and implementation of marketing campaigns.
- With our cloud-hosted server provider(s), who enables us to store, retain, and otherwise process necessary information.
- With companies with whom we partner on tradeshows and marketing events.
- With a buyer or other successor prior to or in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where the information is among the assets being transferred; and
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We reserve the right to disclose your information as necessary to comply with a subpoena or similar investigative demand, court order, request for cooperation from law enforcement or other governmental agency, to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Data storage and retention
We keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill your requests or the purposes for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include (i) for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you or your company, (ii) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject, and (iii) as necessary to comply with legal obligations.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to third-party websites. Such websites have separate privacy policies that you should review. We cannot take responsibility for the content of linked websites or those companies’ data-handling practices.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Our website is a general audience site and is not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 16 years. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 16. Should we discover that a child under the appropriate age provided his or her personal information, we will use that information only to respond to that child and inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving such information.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
We strive to provide choices regarding the management of personal information. As mentioned above, you can opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional communications from us. You can also choose not to provide us with certain information requested on our website, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website or request information from us. You can also set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to accept or reject it.
How we protect your data
We use appropriate administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warranty the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible or liable for the illegal acts by third parties (such as hacking). If you have questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us using the information provided at the end of this document.
Changes to the Policy
Please note that we may change this Policy from time to time. If there are changes to our Policy, we will post them here and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document. Continued use of this website after any changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. Accordingly, we encourage you to check the Policy periodically for updates.